Sometimes when you travel, diving in and really connecting with and understanding where you are and what you are seeing helps make the trip more special. Usually when I travel I will take a guide book and look up information through the internet. But sometimes, a guided walking tour can be a great option. I found this company, Context Travel, that offers guided tours through many European cities. Some of the cities include Venice, Paris, Madrid, London and Berlin. The tours are a little pricey at €65, but they offer small groups led by expert docents.
After stumbling across Context Travel I decided to see what else is out there.
1. San Francisco City Guides offers free guided walking tours in San Francisco. Some tours they offer include Castro: Tales of the Village, Billionaire’s Row, and Alfred Hitchcock’s San Francisco.
2. Architecture Walking Tours offers a 2 hour architectural tour of San Francisco’s downtown buildings and hidden secrets. The price for the tour is $20.
3. Portland Walking Tours offers a variety of urban walking tours including such tours as Beyond Bizarre and Flavor Street. The tours are offered daily and the price is $20 for a 2 hour tour.
4. Seattle by Foot offers several tours including Seattle Coffee Crawl and Scenic Emerald City. The tours are about 2 hours and are priced around $25.
5. Free Tours by Foot offers free walking tours of New York City neighbors such as Manhattan and Brooklyn. The tours are daily. The company also has tours in New Orleans, Washington DC, Philadelphia and Boston.
6. Charleston Footprints offers a 2 hour walking tour through Historic Charleston, South Carolina for $20. The tour takes you through such notable places as South of Broad and the French Quarter.
7. Buenos Aires Free Tours offers a free 2.5 hour City Tour or Aristocratic Tour. They take you through the neighborhoods and share stories and history.
8. Two Feet and a Heartbeat offers walking tours in Perth and Sydney. There are several different tours options and the price range from $20 to $40.
9. Toronto Walking Tours offers a 2 hour walking tour of the downtown area including stories and history. The price is $20 and the tours are offered Fridays and Saturdays.
Would you do a walking tour? If you have an experience with a walking tour please share!